Saturday, October 17, 2009

Idaho? I think not..

Well, I figure this would be an effortless way of mass communication. I made the blog to kind of do stuff with the YSA Conference, and that never really materialized. Upwards and onwards anyway, for those of you who do not know Idaho has been AMAZING to say the least. I have been able to visit Yellowstone. I went to General Conference for the first time in my life. Believe it or not, I have somewhat of a date tonight as well. Classes are going well, I have made friends with one person here in particular, my roommate, his name is Daniel Evanko he hails from the fine state of Oregon and is quite a character.

It is not often that I meet people who have a deep understanding of social interaction, Daniel has this and its quite fun to talk back and forth about some of the decisions we make in everyday life. So that’s a bright spot, made a new friend, always a good thing. ;-)

My family apparently is doing pretty well, they are taking care of themselves, and it is my mom’s birthday tomorrow! As for my ward family, I was reading Cheri’s blog about Emma crying things out, and I had the same discussion with a “Covalent” roommate of mine, he’s covalent because he doesn’t live with us but he spends time over here like he does… anyway, he was having the same problem with his girlfriend. He was asking me if it was normal for girls to cry for just no apparent reason not because of something he did but all together just because… I’m proud to say I gave the same response as Spencer, “Duh!”…

In other good news, my first ancestor was baptized yesterday. I was blessed enough to have a close friend of mine do the work for me. I wrote a little bit of a life story of my Great Grand Mother, and told her about what she was like and her personality and such. It really made a difference we felt. So many times we do temple work and people are nothing more than a name. However in reality, they were people who lived just like us, they had lives, they had children, likes, dislikes and personality quirks. I was able to share some small details about how she lived, her personality and just many things about her love for Heavenly Father. I can remember visiting her as a young child, the last time I saw her in fact. While she was in the hospital, we left the room and as we were leaving we could hear her thanking the Lord for having been blessed with a family such as us that cared enough to visit her in her time of need. I am so grateful for the blessings of the temple, to be with the family that loves me so. I know that my family is awaiting the family history work that I am doing right now.

Anyway, I’m off to live it up, I hope you all are as well take care.

4 comments:

  1. It would seem that Idaho is treating you well! Hope the goodtimes continue. If your aroun during the holidays we should hang

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a smart guy to figure out the crying thing so quickly. Good for you. Very cool about the temple work too.

    ReplyDelete