Monday, November 23, 2009

You make it easy, as easy as 1,2,1,2,3,4

I am having an amazing time here in Fremont!

I have been home for all of about 48 hours now and it has been great to feel the love here. I was able to attend church yesterday and really enjoyed it, there are so many wonderful people there, and there has been so much growth in my home ward as well. Quick update on life, I was able to go to In-N-Out in Provo Utah on opening day, it was amazing, just as good as it is here in California. I hate to say it but 5 Guys burger's are better, but also much more expensive... The battle continues I suppose.

I've lost part of my life to a video game... It is called Top Racers, it is a game that makes you play the role of a Formula 1 team principle, which is like a team boss. It has been a good waste of time for my break, hopefully it will not cut into my school when I go back.

I had a great lunch with one of my old Co-workers/Bosses/Friends Eduardo today, it was great to spend time with him and hear about his adventures since I had last seen him. He had been able to do something that is a dream of mine, get in a car, and drive as far as it will go and just fly home from wherever the car decides to die, he made it to Michigan where the radiator gave out, he repaired it and donated it to a family out there that needed it. I also had the opportunity to explain some basic gospel principles to him about my church. It was really good to have lunch with someone who loves God, and isn't of my faith, there is a lot to be learned from others.

Music has been a saving grace for me these last few days. I have been listening to a lot of music by the Postal Service and bands like them, Owl city, The Grey Race, and even Death Cab... I had a talk with a friend back in Rexburg about how much I love music and how much better it makes me feel when I listen to the type of music that I love. As Forest Gump would say "And thats all I got to say about that."

I also have to say that I was able to spend some time with a certain family in my ward who I love beyond measure, they have the worlds CUTEST kids!! I went over to their house and played with them and fixed their cars rear hatch struts. while working they followed me around the neighborhood while I was trying to find some Vice Grips. I finally found a monkey wrench that would do the trick. After I finished that, we went inside and I was able to read all three stories from a Diego book to one of the kids, while he sat there quite happily, even through my horrible reading... I asked him if it would be OK if I moved in next door, he shook his head yes, but then I asked him if he would play with my kids and he said no :-(... Maybe he would change his mind if the opportunity presented itself... :-) That child though is honestly one of the sweetest spirits I have ever met.. I hope if I have a son he turns out to be somewhat like him.

I have saved this because I know some people won't care to read this :-)
Speaking of going back, I have been putting some time into my computer back here, that in particular has been kinda fun. It is an old Pentium 3 laptop that will soon be made into a file server and remote access laptop, that will allow me to bypass lame downloading restrictions at BYU.

1 comment:

  1. No worries; I'm sure Tyler didn't know what he was saying. :) Maybe you should have asked if he'd be friend with your kids AFTER you read him 3 books...

    ReplyDelete